Melanie was first licensed as a sales agent in Pennsylvania in 1975. She joined the company founded by her mother Evelyn M. Jackson REALTOR® and became a partner in the firm in 1978. She continues to remain an active broker and appraiser. She and her husband, Jim, operate Jackson Real Estate in Jersey Shore, PA.
- Inducted into the REBAC Hall of Fame as a trainer in November 2008
- Licensed in 1975
- Second generation REALTOR®
- Agent, broker-owner, associate broker, appraiser, educator
- Served local association, West Branch Valley Association of REALTORS®, as President, member and chair of numerous committees
- Honored by local association on three occasions as: “REALTOR® of the Year”; “Spirit Award”; “Outstanding Achievement Award”.
- Serve and have chaired numerous state association committees and task forces; served four years (two consecutive terms) as a District Vice-President for the Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®
- Certifications: ABR, CRB, CRS, E-PRO, CDEI, GREEN-CERTIFIED, GRI, RAA, RSPS, SRES, SRS
- Graduate of Kenyon College, 1973, degree in English Literature, in first class of women to graduate from Kenyon
- Began teaching real estate in 1978 at the local community college, which was taken over by Penn State and became the Pennsylvania College of Technology.
- Awarded “Real Estate Instructor of the Year” in 1989 by Penn State
- Have continued my real estate education by achieving numerous designations and other courses of study, the most recent being the “Green-Certified” designation from NAR
Training and Writing Experience:
- Began teaching at the state level around 1990
- Moved to regional level in the mid-90’s
- National speaker by 2000
- Have presented numerous designation courses, including RSPS and ABR at NAR conventions, as well as presenting her own courses at NAR, Triple
- Play, and numerous state conventions
- Have written several courses, and two books; most recent book written was a “Green Valuation” course/book for Hondros Real Estate Education.
- Inducted into the REBAC Hall of Fame as a trainer, November, 2008
- Named RSPS of the Year in 2012 by the National Association of REALTORS(r)
- Continue to hold an active broker’s and appraiser’s license; work as a team with my husband, Jim, to sell real estate; we own and operate Jackson Real Estate in Jersey Shore PA
- Teach, write and consult in real estate
- Trustee for Pennsylvania REALTOR®S Education Foundation
- Trustee for Jersey Shore Library